Monday, February 5, 2007

Is it life or is it a novel?

I was looking at the books on tape at the library the other day and saw The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney. I checked it out of the library and started listening to it.

It took me the first chapter or two to realize that it was a fiction book. It was interesting enough that I kept listening. I listened to seven chapters of it. Something jogged my thoughts and I read the back cover and found out that it is juvenile fiction. It's good so far and I may keep listening.

It doesn't bother me that I'm enjoying juvenile fiction. What bothered me was that I thought that the book was autobiographical. True, maybe the police finding kidnapped William Ownby and Shawn Hornbeck on January 12, 2007 may have been on my mind. It seems like there are a lot of news stories lately about kidnappings, murders and pedophiles.

It is a terrible time when the news is daily filled with multiple murders, rapes, and pediphiles.

No comments: